Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting Creative, with a Little Help from my Friends!

Today I joined a Card Club.

What's a Card Club, you ask? No, it's not poker, or Euchre, or Old Maid (although if not for the fact that I was married, I could fit into that last category very nicely, thank-you). Actually this card club involves creating personalized, hand-crafted greeting cards from scratch. And it is so easy.

Well really, the hostess sponsoring this wonderful club just makes it easy, by having all of the materials ready ahead of time. All we club members need to do is just show up, grab a chair and the adhesive of our choice and start getting crafty. There are sample cards already completed, which makes being artistic extra easy for those of us who need a road map for creativity (that would be me).

We made two birthday cards, a thank-you card, and a "thinking of you" card. And I must say, for my first attempt, these little note-sized cards turned out pretty nice. Sure, I had the occasional goof, gaff, and blurry stamp mark, as I made my way through unfamiliar terrain, but overall I was pleased with the results and am anxious to return to see what our clever hostess has in store for us next month.

What I really enjoyed, though, even more than the chance for a creative outlet, was the opportunity to spend time with my friends, to make new friends, and just enjoy this crazy little thing we call life. Especially since I know that once I get a nursing job, my leisure time will be seriously cut short. I feel my assignment right now is to enjoy it while I can.


I believe everyone has a creative side. What is yours? Find it and let the little bugger out. I guarantee you will reap the benefits. Perhaps you'll thank me later.

And who knows, you may even get a handmade card from me.
Thanking you for reading this blog.


How lucky is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment