Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Apps, Super Moon, etc.


 

 
 In Brazil Super Moon illuminated the landmark Christ the Redeemer statue

Apps additction

Whenever I have some free time, I pick up my new iphone and search for apps. When I first heard that term, it annoyed me. I'm not sure why. It just did. Maybe because I didn't know what the heck they were talking about. Oh sure, I knew it was short for application(s), but it just didn't apply to my life at that time. But now that I own a smart phone, I am beginning to understand some of the lingo. Probably just a mere fraction of the lingo. In fact, if I were to enter a wifi bar, or whatever those things are called, I'd probably embarrass the heck out of myself. I can just imagine someone starting a conversation with me. My facial expression would probably resemble a deer-in-the-headlights look.
Oh the terror!
For now, I am content just learning how to use my phone, which befuddles me most of the time. Heck, when I first started to receive calls, I kept disconnecting the call instead of answering it. What a moron.
I will learn. I've just created a different learning curve, that's all.
However, my learning curve resembles a snake having seizures.

One year anniversary

I am quickly approaching the one year milestone at my first job as an RN. Hard to believe at times. At other times, feels like I've been there for years. Just depends on the kind of week I'm having. Or day. Overall, it has been good, and I am so grateful for being hired at this facility. It is a great opportunity, and from what I hear from some of my former classmates, far less stressful than their hospital job. And the best perk for me is that I get to know my patients. They aren't in and out of there in 2-3 days like the hospital patients.

Is that the sun I see?

Lately, we've been seeing a lot of gray outside, and not much else. This morning, the sun has just told those clouds who is boss, and everything is green again. It is so purdy. And while I'm on the subject of things celestial, I missed the Big Event: The Super Moon. I was working and didn't see that big moment when the moon was at it's closest point to earth. Would have loved to be home with my telescope. But I saw some pretty neat pictures from around the world capturing the moment. There is something on my wish list that I will see one day: To go out west (New Mexico specifically) to see the stars at night. I've heard they are so bright, so numerous, it looks as though you can reach out and pluck one right out of the sky. I will probably faint from the sight. Yep, I'm a star gazer geek. It will be a glorious experience for me.

I'm signing off for now, I am struggling to stay awake on my day off, but life calls, and I have to jump in, I guess.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment