Sunday, April 10, 2011

Summer in April? - Scrapbook Outdoors!

Well, I've been waiting a long time and finally it has happened.

Spring has sprung.

Today is one for the record books, with the temperature hitting the 80 degree mark! Now, I'm not sure if that's an actual record-breaking temperature, but when you compare that temperature to two days ago when it struggled to reach 40 degrees, it's beyond belief.

I'm, of course deliriously happy and I suspect I'm not alone. This summer-like day is a much needed mental boost for us northern folks who have suffered the unseasonably cold wrath of mother nature long enough.

I just came in from outside, where I spent three glorious hours on our deck. I decided that I wanted to try some scrapbooking, despite the fact that the winds were blowing with pretty good intentions today. Well, let me tell you it was interesting at best, and almost impossible at worst.

But I am a very stubborn person and I wanted to scrapbook. However, I did not, would not, could not be cooped up indoors on such a gorgeous day. So there I sat, me against the wind, with a complete arsenal of objects that served double duty as paper weights to keep my photos and papers from flying into the next county. 

Needless to say, it was quite the battle, but it worked efficiently enough to keep me outside, which of course is where I wanted to be. I only got two pages done, which was, in the realm of scrapbooking very inefficient, but what the heck. I had a good time. And that's not all.

I got the beginnings of a good sunburn.

You can't ask for more than that on a beautiful April day.

No comments:

Post a Comment