Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh happy day! I have a job!

Well, it has finally happened.

Remember that interview I mentioned from last week? It was evidently a success, because I have received a job offer, and I have accepted the position.

After sending out approximately 1,368 tedious applications/resumes, I am now employed as an RN at a Long Term Care/Rehabilitation Center! I am very excited about the prospect of beginning a new chapter in my life, and a little nervous, too.

It has been a long time since I have "punched a clock", and I am in for a big-time adjustment in my life, of this I am sure. No longer will my days be spent lying around, belly-aching about my unemployment status.

Oh no.

Now I will be running around, belly-aching about how I no longer have any time for myself. And reminding myself that this is what I spent so many years working towards.

I begin tomorrow, by checking into the center and filling out a mountain of paper work, getting finger printed (again), and being sent out for a physical. After successfully jumping those hurdles, I will attend a few days of orientation and then begin shadowing a nurse. That should be interesting. I will be humbled to find out just how little I know about my job, as I am shown "the ropes". My nursing skills, which were beginning to get a bit rusty, will have to be drawn out and polished, under the watchful eye of my preceptor. I will report back on these wonderful experiences, as time warrants.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying this last day of freedom, and looking forward to both the known and unknown of this new venture. I'm sure there are many challenges in store for me. I've heard from others that the first month can be very bumpy as one tries to figure out all of the particulars/details of the job. Being the type of person that is very hard on herself, I will have to keep this in mind as I begin this new job.

And of course, I will also enjoy the fact that I no longer have to fill out those pesky applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment