Monday, April 18, 2011

The Easter Snow Rabbit?



Seriously folks, this is getting ridiculous.

As I'm writing this, it is a winter wonderland outside my window.

April 18, 2011. Six days until we celebrate Easter Sunday and we are due for 2-4 inches of the white stuff. Super. As my title suggests, I'm tempted to go out into the wet, packing snow and build an Easter snow bunny. Just to spite mother nature. I'm sure no doubt she'll be offended.

Fascinating job search update

As I may have mentioned in a previous blog, I attended a few nursing "events" (aka job fairs) and got a taste of the good life (free pens, pop, coffee, and endless forms to fill out). Today I will be going to visit one of the facilities that I met at a job fair. It is a sub acute hospital, where patients go after their hospital stay. These patients are still very sick, on ventilators, with trachs, IV's, feeding tubes, etc. They are no longer able to remain in the hospital, due to insurance reasons and the fact that the hospitals simply aren't equipped to take care of these patients and their special needs. I will report more on this place if it warrants.

Piles o' books

I keep looking at my table/desk which holds about 3 tons of nursing textbooks, binders, notes, etc. Every time I pass this monstrosity, a little voice inside my head tells me I should take care of the mess. Of course, I tell that little voice to shut up and just keep walking on by. But I really need to take care of them. If anyone needs nursing books, I'm your gal. I should resell them, but that would require supreme effort on my part . Egads, it is an effort to just write about the stacks of books, let alone try and sell them. (I know egads isn't a word, but I was due for a "non-word" in my blog). 

Taking another look

Alright, I have to admit it. The snow is pretty, if not confusing. I look outside and have the strange desire to go Christmas shopping. Luckily, I'm going nowhere near the stores today.
I'd probably go into shock to find a chocolate bunny instead of chocolate Santa.

Did I mention I love Michigan?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment