Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weather Forecast

Here in Michigan, we have an extended forecast: Cloudy, with a chance of more cloudiness in the future. We seem to be stuck under a large quilt of the grayish white moisture carriers, with no end in sight. Ugh. I am dying to see some sunshine. This cannot be good for the psyche. It certainly isn't helping mine. Each morning I wake up, hoping this is the day I will see that great ball of fire rising over the eastern horizon. But no, it's not meant to be, at least for now.

One thing I've noticed about bad weather. It always serves to help me appreciate the nice weather. In this case, I'll settle for mediocre weather. Partly sunny will find me dancing. Speaking of partly sunny, I have also noticed that I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to weather forecasts. If the weather dude or dude-ette says we're going to have mostly cloudy skies, I'm thinking, "not mostly cloudy, glass-half-empty-person, partly sunny!" But even the eternal optimist in me knows when to throw in the towel on dismal days like these. Not a speck of sunshine to be had out there. Well, enough about the weather. The tears are welling up and the keyboard is getting all blurry.

Tomorrow is another day. Perhaps we will see the sun.

Eventually we will see that sun.  Oops, the optimist slipped out again. It can get nauseating, I know.

Imagine how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment