Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Coffee and Dancing

It is morning and I am sitting here quietly, sipping my third cup of coffee. As I've mentioned in previous blogs, my days always start with a pot of caffeine to jolt me awake. I know the coffee is working when my heart begins to tap out a rapid beat similar to the frenzied Irish tap dancing show, Riverdance. Okay, so that is a bit of an exaggeration. Those dancers are much slower than my caffeine-jolted heart.

My son often poses the question, "If you were stranded on a desert island, and could only have three things, what would they be?" Most sane people would chose items for survival. Not me. I would chose, in order of importance,

1) coffee
2) chocolate
3) more coffee

Of course, I'd need plenty of fresh drinking water, a coffee grinder and brewer and electricity. So I've exceeded my sons three-item limitation. But I reason that item number one includes all of the aforementioned items into one convenient request: coffee. (Kids, see what happens to logic when consuming too much caffeine?)

If you're wondering where this blog is going, you're not alone. Sometimes I just prattle on about inane things, in the hopes that something more creative will begin to flow from my fingers. Sometimes I disappoint myself. That is the down side of writing. I may have a head full of wonderful ideas, but often they are lost on the journey from my frazzled brain to the keyboard. But alas, I keep plugging along, juiced on java, ready to take on another glorious day.

Speaking of day, the weather has been wonderful, if you are a summer lover as I am. This particular summer has been a bit of a roller-coaster ride, with temperatures rolling up and down, but overall it has been much more pleasant than our Michigan spring turned out. Actually we didn't really have a spring in the true sense of the word. Winter just sort of gasped its last breath around April and then the next day we awoke to tulips pushing their way out of the earth.


Well, whatever the weather brings, I am always ready, as long as I have, predictably, a mug of delicious coffee to drink.


But I think I'll leave the tap dancing to the Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment