Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I don't know is gonna kill me!

As I spend each day "in the trenches" so to speak with my NCLEX questions, I realize how much I really don't know. Now, those of you reading this worrying that you may be a patient of mine one day, fear not (or fear a lot, the choice is yours!) I have been well prepared for nursing, but as the field of medicine is so vast, so detailed, it is impossible to know everything. It's just that as far as the Beast (NCLEX) preparation is concerned, you'd better be prepared for anything, which translates very conveniently into, you'd better know everything. Which is absurd.

Okay, I had to get that off my chest as I was on a break of sorts from my studying.

I got news from another friend of mine today that passed the NCLEX, and I couldn't be happier for her! She is going to be one hell of a nurse; strike that, she is one hell of a nurse, as it is official, she is a Registered Nurse! Congratulations Aimee! You did it!

It's so strange to still be on the "other side of the fence". As I am certainly happy for all of my fellow nursing students when I find out, one by one that they have passed the NCLEX, I find myself just a wee bit envious that they've passed that final hurdle, and I'm still drowning in practice questions. Boy, have I become self-absorbed or what? A necessary evil at this stage of the game, I am afraid. But I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, because I am meeting the director of an adult day service facility. We are going to talk about my volunteering to work with adults with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. So if that doesn't take some of the focus off of little 'ole me, I haven't a clue what will!


Okay, breaks over. Time to dive back into those blasted questions. If I had a dollar for every question I've done so far....well, lets just say the money earned could put our youngest through college....for a year....maybe a semester....perhaps just pay for a few textbooks....oh what the heck, my exaggerating has got the best of me, and now I'm owning up to it, which is ridiculous.

Laura, you're an idiot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment