Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chicago Road Trip


 
So happy I'm not working today. Another nurse anxious to pick up some extra hours took my shift. Now I am free to do the mountains of laundry and pack for our mini road trip to Chicago.

We will be celebrating 27 years of wedded bliss, and a much needed getaway will be a wonderful break from our routine. A great opportunity to spend some 'us' time, that is, if we don't get blown away in different directions in the Windy City.



We will be staying within walking distance of the 'Magnificent Mile', or as I like to think of it, the 'Blow All of Your Money Until You are Broke Mile'. Should be good times. I am looking forward to dining out, which means no cooking, no cleaning, no swearing. I hope we can find some swanky restaurants with fabulous food and prices to match. You know, the type of pricey restaurant with a private surgical suite at the entrance for a quick kidney donation to cover the bill.

 
 
Coincidentally, our son will be traveling to the same destination this weekend for a middle school band trip. We did not volunteer to be chaperones. We have a particular affinity for our sanity. Plus, we are celebrating our anniversary, not our certain downward spiral into delirium. One hundred plus loud, sometimes mouthy fourteen year old kids can have that effect. I tip my hat, if I actually wore one, to all of those parents who volunteered to guard our precious flock. I hope our son behaves.

Meanwhile, I must move on. So much to do, so little time. For some reason, the coffee is not working it's magic this morning. So I am flying solo, sans caffeine. At least until lunch, when I will crack open a can of Pepsi Max, and get some last minute clothes shopping done for aforementioned son. As usual, I failed to read the fine print for the required attire needed for this trip. He will need some respectable clothes. Something he sorely lacks.

Sigh. I usually enjoy shopping, but not under a time crunch. This is going to bite.

So what in the world am I doing blogging about all of this?

I don't really know. I guess I'm procrastinating. And I like to write.

That is all.  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment