Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Down Time

I'm midway through my three days off, and am really appreciating this down time. It seems that most of my days off are spent catching up on my sleep, or if not sleeping then exerting half the energy I usually have, doing the things I have to do.

Yesterday, I finally picked up a copy of the book The Hunger Games. I loved the movie and will probably see it again, but I've heard so much about the book that I just had to read it. I used to be a ferocious reader, devouring books at regular intervals. At some point, I stopped that. My guess is, it probably happened around the time that I returned to school to 'learn myself up real good' to be a nurse. I suppose I just didn't have time for books, and didn't really care about them anymore. Well, geez, I went from changing diapers, cub scouts, soccer, braces and driver's ed to reading textbooks with titles such as Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Medical-Surgical Nursing, etc. No wonder I didn't want to read for enjoyment and relaxation. I was all 'read out' (please pronounce the word read in that last sentence as 'red'). 

 And so it goes. So glad the sun is shining. It is pretty outside, and will not matter one whit if I need to take a nap. Sleep comes so easily for me these days. Incidentally,  I'm about to drop off right now. I wonder if this is how narcolepsy feels?


I'd research it, but I'm so sleepy, I could care less right now.

Nappy-poo time for me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment