Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Time To Get Serious!

Shame on me.

I haven't been here in 13 days. That is not a good thing. Especially since my goal was to write in this blog regularly. Sometimes the best of intentions become just that, intentions and nothing more. It's the acting on them that is the tricky part. Which is a very convenient segue into my next subject.

I have had the best of intentions for studying for this NCLEX exam, with a study plan of attack, the books, the CDs, the computer. The problem is if you don't act on these intentions, they just sit there, taunting you.

Today, I am meeting at Starbucks to study with a friend who is scheduled to take The Exam in one week. (Imagine dramatic music here for effect). She has been studying more than I have, and is feeling less and less confident, as her dedicated efforts do not seem to be paying off as well as she would like.

My hope is that this study time will accomplish two things:

1) Give her the opportunity to discover that she really knows a whole lot more than those practice tests are reporting.

2) Give me the jump-start, motivation, kick-in-the-pants that I need to get going on this.

3) Okay. So I said two things and there are three. Sue me. I hope the fact that we are in a caffeine-alholic's paradise will not disrupt the study process too much.

Because I suppose that being far too jived on java to sit still and read and wearing a path to the ladies room, does not a good study partner make!

No comments:

Post a Comment