Sunday, January 30, 2011

It Worked! (Sorta)

My poor English teacher would be having a fit right now about the title of this blog, but that is the beauty of the freedom I have in Blogger-Land. Since virtually no one is reading this, I can just type away, with no regard to rules and regulations concerning grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. Heck, it doesn't even have to make sense! I love it!

So what worked, you ask? Or more to the point what "sorta" worked? Well, if you are a devoted follower of this blog, you know that my last post addressed the sad fact that I have not been studying as I should. After so many years of school, and to finally graduate from the nursing program, I have been finding it hard to "keep the fire burning". I met a friend last week to commiserate (I mean study) the NCLEX together, and even though we only spent a few hours, it was quite productive if I do say so myself. I just wish the agreed meeting location had been a bit more comfy.

Since we were coming from opposite ends of town, we agreed to meet at a Starbucks. I was overjoyed to be at a place that served my favorite brew, so I figured we were all set. But no, this was not the case. The place was small, a little dirty, drafty, and not very inviting at all. I was disappointed. It's not that I was expecting Corinthian leather sofas, a roaring fire, and a neck massage (although all of these these would have been quite lovely). However, when I'm sipping a cup of coffee that costs more than a Big Mac, fries and a coke, I'd like to know at the very least that it was made in a semi-clean environment. And that drinking said cup of instant bankruptcy will not turn my intestines inside out in a few hours.

But what in the world does all of this have to do with studying? Well, nothing actually, but it proves to anyone who is still reading this the freedom I have in this blog. And it most likely proves some other things as well, but I'll just have to explore that with my therapist.


One thing that our little study meeting did accomplish was gaining a sense once again that I am not in this alone. Even though I "talk" to fellow students frequently on facebook, it is just not the same as actually spending time with them. You can't ask someone a question on the internet, and then observe their facial expressions as they carefully consider the answer choices. And you can't see their seething rage when you taunt them for not knowing the answer to a question. Well, not unless you have Skype. But why in the world did I bring up Skype? That just ruins my entire brilliant observation of man vs. machine. But once again, I digress.

To wrap up, conclude, summarize, and otherwise end this torturous blog, I am finding that I am now more focused, more willing to bleed for this NCLEX exam. 

Perhaps most importantly, I'm just so damn happy that my friend is taking it before me! Stay tuned. The excitement continues. Can you stand it?

No comments:

Post a Comment